Postgraduate Admissions Selection Criteria
巴黎人贵宾会官方网址 has over 200 postgraduate students who come from more than 50 countries around the world to study subjects across the humanities, social sciences and life, medical and physical sciences.
We use the criteria below to carry out postgraduate admissions:
- Applicants must first have been accepted by a Department or Faculty of the University of Oxford before any college or permanent private hall may consider them.
- Applications are considered for any of the courses in which the College offers admission. Please consult the relevant Course Page to see a list of the colleges that will accept applications for that particular course.
- Applications are considered by academic staff in the relevant subject area in consultation with the Tutor for Graduates.
- Preference will normally be given to applicants whose area of study overlaps with the academic interests of the College’s academic staff.
- The College aims to admit a certain number of graduate students each year spread across the range of subjects in which it accepts graduate students, and this will determine the number of offers which can be made to applicants. Where there are more applicants than offers which can be made, the relative academic merit and potential of the applicants may be taken into account. It may not be possible to make offers to applicants whose applications are received late in the admissions round, when places are full.
- The possession of competitively-won funding may be taken into account as an indicator of the applicant’s academic merit and potential.
- The final decision on whether to offer a place in the light of the overall competition for graduate places and the spread of those places across subject areas is usually taken by the Tutor for Graduates.
- Please note that any offer of a place will be subject to satisfactory completion of the financial declaration form that will be sent to the applicant as part of the offer of a place. Please consult this guidance for more details: www.leginestrepighouse.com/admissions/graduate/fees-and-funding/financial-declaration
- Preference may be given to current or past students of the College who meet the selection criteria described above.